We've only just begun...

I decided to start a Wedding blog!
I thought it would be a good way to track my experience and also a great way to communicate with the wedding party and other interested parties on what the latest and greatest news on the upcoming Quinley-Odom nuptials.

Shane and I are very excited about our commitment to each other and sharing our excitement with the people who are closet to us.


Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Feliz Cumpleanos, Ita

Today is my grandmothers birthday. She passed away last year the weekend before her 95th birthday. I miss her, and think about her a lot.

I wish that she could be there for Shane and I wedding. She loved Shane. She loved him from the first time she met him. She was already frail and lacked a lot of strength and I think she felt safe when he would help her in and out of the car, or down the stairs. She would affentionatly called him "Guapo" which means handsome in spanish ( like he needed someone to stroke his ego!).


She will definilty be there in spirit, along with the Winberg family that she built a maintained, that is her legacy. I know that a part of her lives on in me. I would not be who I am today if it wasn't for her.



Ita- Te quiero mucho mucho.

No comments:

Post a Comment