We've only just begun...

I decided to start a Wedding blog!
I thought it would be a good way to track my experience and also a great way to communicate with the wedding party and other interested parties on what the latest and greatest news on the upcoming Quinley-Odom nuptials.

Shane and I are very excited about our commitment to each other and sharing our excitement with the people who are closet to us.


Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Square, A Park, A Villa, Oh My!

Shane and I did some more location shopping this past weekend! We didn't have any official appts we just did "Drive By's" of a few places that we have talked about. 


We started the day by scouting the Marietta Square ( Glover Park). This idea came from my co-worker Wendi. We were talking about the Marietta Art Museum and I was expressing my dislike for the "Ceremony" site and she said why don't you get married on the square! 

We wanted to see what that would look like and then the other issue of getting everyone to the Art Museum after the ceremony is over:

Clock wise from the top left corner:
1. A shot of the park standing on the corner. It is undergoing some remodeling right now. 
2.The gazebo in the park
3.The corner with my back to the park. This is the road you walk down - 1 block- to get to the Art Museum. 
4. Me in a train... CHOo CHO0!

Conclusion: I am still very worried about working the logistics of everyone getting to the square and then to the museum. Also I have a very difficult time envisioning a wedding ceremony on the square? Feeling: confused

Next Stop: Peidmont Park, beautiful, but not the place for our wedding.
The great ceremony site is way to far away from the the sub-par reception hall. There was no wow factor that I could see to Magnolia Hall ( not pictured - there was nothing to show).
The top is a great shot of the Park, it really is a city oasis!
Bottom Lefthand corner:  The awesome ceremony location - Clara Meer Dock
Bottom Righthand corner: Historic Visitors center just up the hill from the Clara Meer Dock.



Villa Christina was the last location that we were able to visit. I LOVED it. I think that it has a lot of potential!

It is just inside the perimeter where 400 and 285 cross.  It is half restaurant / half event venue.
Clockwise from the top left hand corner:
1. Me in the dining room. Very modern, I love the look and feel of this area. Lots of bright colors and abstract art!
2. Outdoor pavilion. This is the ceremony location, this has been my favorite "aisle" set up. I love having a straight shot. 
3. The bar and more examples of decor
4. They have a great patio area and beautiful gardens with a cute little water feature.  I would really want to take advantage of this outdoor space. 
5. That thing in the middle is a piece of art that was hanging from the ceiling - I loved it! 

Shane has already spoken to the Sales manager, and has gotten some more details, we are planning on setting up an appt. with her and bring Mom and Dad along for the ride!


Next on the List:

No comments:

Post a Comment