We've only just begun...

I decided to start a Wedding blog!
I thought it would be a good way to track my experience and also a great way to communicate with the wedding party and other interested parties on what the latest and greatest news on the upcoming Quinley-Odom nuptials.

Shane and I are very excited about our commitment to each other and sharing our excitement with the people who are closet to us.


Monday, March 2, 2009

Uno, Dos, Tres....

3 Locations - 1 Day!


#1 Flint Hill 

Top : The outdoor ceremony location. It had plenty of room but it lacked the "wow" factor. They tried to keep the flowering plants to a min. for a neutral palette, but I would prefer lots of flowers plants. 
Left: The bridal suite also doubled a cosy dinner for two for the newly married couple! You eat a quick bite right after the ceremony, it is a quite minute for the newly weds before greeting their guest at the reception. (I love this!)
Right: This is the "Last Look" Mirror above the stairs just as you walk out of the bridal suite. 

Overall feeling: I liked it, it is the best "historical house" setting we have seen. I am not sure if a historical house setting is the right place for us though. It just feels so traditional and old fashioned, it doesn't feel like us!

#2 The Atrium
Clockwise starting from the top left corner:
This is a shot from the mezzanine level down into the main ballroom. The windows are great everything else is pretty much like any other ballroom.
Top right corner: The fountain in "the garden". The garden area was very small, not much to it. 
Bottom right corner: This is the "Grooms Closet"  where the groom in sequestered while the bride is photographed in "the garden" (the windows!). Tiny room. Weird. 
Bottom left corner: Shane and his future In Laws in front of the Atrium. 

Overall feeling: Small, disappointing garden area, tucked away, would be hard to find. Creative photography could avoid some of the weird stuff about the location ( isn't that true of so many things!).

#3 Marietta Art Museum

Left side: Shane and I in front of the museum. 
Top right corner: My mom on the stairs. 
Bottom right corner:This the foyer area.  This was actually was the original post office in marietta, and the wooden door is actually the original revolving door from the post office. The docent was telling us that pretty much everything in the building was original. I love a building with some history. 

Overall feeling: I liked the space a lot ( mainly because I love museums). I did not like the 2nd floor where they hold ceremonies. It has tight long hallway just to get to the gallery. 
I did love the downstairs though. I just think it would be cool to be surrounded by beautiful works of art, but still have a nice big open area, in a historic building.  There are some logistical things we would have to sort out, but for me this was the winner of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment