We've only just begun...

I decided to start a Wedding blog!
I thought it would be a good way to track my experience and also a great way to communicate with the wedding party and other interested parties on what the latest and greatest news on the upcoming Quinley-Odom nuptials.

Shane and I are very excited about our commitment to each other and sharing our excitement with the people who are closet to us.


Monday, February 2, 2009

The "Great" Bridal Expo Feb 1

The reason why I put "great" in air quotes it because I am not convinced that was the correct word to use so I have made a list of other possible words that may have worked better;
  • Common
  • Medicore
  • humdrum

  • unexceptional
  • congested

  • crammed

  • crowded

I would be willing to help them out with their Marketing! ;)

I guess Shane and I had high hopes for the show since we thought it would be huge and have great vendors, instead what we found was a huge line only to be funneled into an over packed ballroom with sup-par vendors. I guess i just expected more from a 'We' sponsored event!
We still had a good time, and made friends with the people we were standing it line with!
There were two savings graces to visiting the bridal show: Carpe Diem and Fifty Flowers!!

Carpe Diem was this awesome company that made Flip Books!http://www.carpediem47.com/

So cute and fun! They had tons of fun props you could use and then they filmed your for 7 seconds from that film they created a little flip book. Below is the cover and a couple of the pictures from when we made ours! We LOVED it!




The other saving grace was discovering

Blue Orchids Dendrobiums at http://www.fiftyflowers.com/

They take white dendrobiums and tint them blue!!! I loved them they were beautiful and would fit into a teal color scheme beautifully!



When I got home I search the internet for some ideas of ways to use the blue orchids and I found this bouquet that I loved that included: white mini calla lilies, stephanotis, and purple dendrobium orchids that have been dyed blue. Love it!

I must say I missed my tiara but I thoguht these stickers were cute:

The Very Important Bride and her Very Important Groom!

Afterwards I treated Shane to a Vortex hamburger (Best Hamburger in Atlanta if anyone wants to know what the best hamburger lives!)
Good food and Puppy Bowl (thats right totally ridculous but I can't peel my eyes away from it) on the big screen! A perfect end to the day!



No comments:

Post a Comment