We've only just begun...

I decided to start a Wedding blog!
I thought it would be a good way to track my experience and also a great way to communicate with the wedding party and other interested parties on what the latest and greatest news on the upcoming Quinley-Odom nuptials.

Shane and I are very excited about our commitment to each other and sharing our excitement with the people who are closet to us.


Sunday, February 22, 2009

"Paper Source is Marthatastic" ~ Nicole T.

Nicole is a huge Martha Stewart fan, and she has officially given Paper Source in the Virginia Highlands the Martha Seal of Approval!

Saturday we went to a wedding event at the store and as we walked through the threshold the smell, of paper, glue, and rubber stamps was intoxicating. They were doing demostrations and also we did one Make and Take project.

We learned how to emboss, wax seal envelopes, stamp emboss return addresses, line envelopes with matching paper, and so much more!!

I always knew that I wanted to make my own invitation and I had some idea of what I wanted to do but Paper Source has completely opened my eyes to new a wonderful things.

http://www.paper-source.com/



Here I am practicing my embossing technique:
Since we were in the area afterwards we popped over to the Carter Center to take a quick peak. It was very pretty, and I can only imagine what it looks like in the full bloom of spring, but I am still not sure that it is the right place!

Do something creative every day!

1 comment:

  1. It makes me laugh when I think about our "ohhs and ahhs" and the amazement in our faces during the demonstrations. You would have thought we just found out how Lost was going end or something! :)

    ReplyDelete